I finally got my Hifiberry Digi this week 🙂
It was delayed as I put the wrong house number on the order and the Danish postal service was unable to figure out that the package was for number 19 instead of 29.
But here it is next to the Raspberry pi:
After soldering in the 2-by-4 header and mounting the nylon spacer it all looked like this:
After some problems with my SD card and SD card writer I managed to get the latest Raspbian image running and a few minutes later I had sound via the optical output.
All I did was to follow the guide provided by Crazy-Audio on http://www.hifiberry.com/….
Here is what I did:
Get the newest Kernel
sudo rpi-update sync sudo reboot
Add the following lines toÂ /etc/modules
snd_soc_bcm2708 bcm2708_dmaengine snd_soc_wm8804 snd_soc_hifiberry_digi
I also had to comment out the following line inÂ /etc/modprobe.d/
After a reboot I ran the test script provided by Crazy-audio
wget www.hifiberry.com/files/digi/check-system mv check-system check-system.dac chmod u+rx ./check-system.dac ./check-system.dac
Now the next task will be to get the system running with XBMC